[brcs-announce] June 5th - BRCS

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 01:34:48 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

The Boardman River Clean Sweep event is set to go.  Everyone has been contacted and everything is ready.

The raffle prizes are really nice this year. The raffle tickets are selling well.   There will be more money this year for the 4-H and GTCD to share even though we are selling the tickets for only $2.00.

The picnic will be fun and the food will be hot.  It's a regular hot dog and brats picnic with real potato salad and lemonade.  Cookies for dessert.  Thanks to Steve Somers and his wife Pat for their hard work.

All we need now is some good weather. Have positive thoughts about good weather for next Saturday.

The event goes on rain or shine.  If it is thundering and lightening, we will cancel and try again on Sunday, June 6th.  Because of licensing legal issues, the raffle takes place no matter what the weather does.

To see the assignments and what's happening, go to www.brcleansweep.org and look on the various location pages, Leader page and Volunteer page.  It's pretty much self explanatory.  Let me know if you see an error.

The minor details will be decided by each crew leader.

Children should be sure to get the Waiver signed.  Read the Instructions For Minors page, too.  That's important.

The only real change from last year is that the trash will be brought back to the Nature Center to be recycled.

I will send out one more email 2 days before the event. Call me if you have questions the website doesn't answer.  231-393-2023

We can't wait for you so don't be late.

See you Saturday.

Norm Fred