[brcs-announce] BRCS - Saturday - June 11, 2011

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 13:13:15 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I am happy to report that the BRCS is now an incorporated non-profit in the State of Michigan.  This was done to have an entity that could help finance the event since the TAPC could no longer do that and maintain their 501(c)(7) status.

Further 501(c)(3) designation is being sought by the BRCS so donations will be tax deductible and so the BRCS will be eligible for foundation grants since most foundations can only make grants to 501(c)(3) organizations.

The new non-profit status really changes nothing and the event continues as in the past.

Let me know as soon as you can if you will be able to help out this year.  I need a count of volunteers so I can order supplies, T-shirts and so we know how much food we'll need for the picnic.

It's great to have so many of you helping out with this project.  The river thanks you and so do I.

Norm Fred