[brcs-announce] News Flash from the BRCS

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 21:47:27 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I have a few things to report.

The 2012 8th Annual BRCS is scheduled for Saturday June 2nd.

With the Brownbridge Pond lowered to new levels, we expect to find lots of trash there.  We'll hit that area with lots of people on foot and in boats to clean that pond/river section.  Get ready to get dirty feet.

I thought I had lost many of the early pictures from the past BRCS events but I was lucky and found them on an old computer that booted one more time so I could get them off.

You can find them organized by year at:

http://www.brcleansweep.org/BRCS_Photos_Menu.html

We have 8 canoes, a kayak, paddles, and a trailer that we can use for the BRCS this year.  Also, several more grabbers will be available for those who don't have their own.

There's a permanent grill at the GTCD that the BRCS helped obtain and the 4-H from KHS helped to purchase.

I hope to see you all at the 2012 event.  It will be better than ever.  No rain please!

Have a great winter.

Norm