[brcs-announce] Fall cleanup plans for the Boardman Canceled

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 15:14:51 PDT 2012

Due to the bad weather lately, we have decided to cancel any possible cleanups on the Boardman this season.  Our boats are stored and we await the snow.

We will hit it hard again next Spring and Summer.

In June, we will give special attention to the areas upstream and downstream of the BB dam.

Thanks for all your support for the BRCS during this 2012 season.  You all were terrific.

We did 16 cleanups on 12 rivers - 4 of which were on the Boardman.  More than 300 people participated in these BRCS events.  Some were combined with other organizations and some were strictly BRCS events.  This is the first year we have cooperated with other organizations to cleanup rivers and it worked really well.

Encouraging other organizations and individuals to be river stewards is one of the BRCS' major goals and it is starting to take hold in a big way.

I know next year will be even better.

Have a great Winter.

Norm