[brcs-announce] Final removal of large flood debris from the Boardman

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 03:41:46 PDT 2013

Hello river cleaners,

The first day of the major flood debris removal project is done.  Here is the report for that day.

http://tapc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=5&club_id=813410&item_id=23206

We have 7 just more pieces to remove.

We need people who can paddle a tandem canoe - tandem or solo - to help us on July 25th or 26, depending on the weather.  Kayaks are not useful for a project like this.

We will start at River Pitch - the second bridge on River Rd and go to Shumsky.

The fist day, we took out 10 pieces.  With only 7 more to do, this next project day should not be as taxing on us but we will do some work and your feet will get wet.  Hip waders are useful but optional.  There will be people there with full body waders to do the really heavy in-river work.

Your job will  be to float the smaller pieces out on your canoe when they have been cut from the larger pieces.  Heavy lifting is not required but will not be refused.

You will not need to bring your tandem canoe or paddles unless you want to.  All you need is your personal items - pfd, sunscreen, water, etc.   A light lunch will be provided.  Any special dietary requests (within reason) are welcome.  Steak, lobster and caviar will not be served.  Subway sandwiches will.

To sign up, email me or sign up on the TAPC website.

This will be a fun day and one you will not forget.  I promise.

Norm