[brcs-announce] Two things

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 05:32:06 PDT 2013

Hi river cleaners,

1.  The BRCS got some newspaper recognition for its major project to take some 5000 pounds of flood debris out of the Boardman last month.  Read about that here:

http://record-eagle.com/local/x1750255152/Volunteers-pull-post-flood-debris-from-Boardman-River\

Thanks to all of you that helped out.  It was far more intense than I expected but all went well and it was actually a lot of fun.

2.  On August 24th, 2013 (a Saturday) there is going to be a 5 river cleanup.  The following rivers will be done in one day.

    a. Jordan - Fast

    b. Bear - Slow

    c. Boyne - Slow

    d. Maple - Slow

    e. Sturgeon - Very fast

As you can see, there is something for everyone - beginners and experts alike.

It is being coordinated by Boyne Mountain Sports (Ethan Winchester) that has many contacts in that area.

I will lead the BRCS crews on the Sturgeon and you are welcome to come along there if you have the skills for it.  You know what I mean.  The plan for the Sturgeon is in place but we need 10 people or more to do it.  If you have the skills, please consider setting that day aside to do this project with us so we can make a good representation of the TAPC and BRCS.

However, if you don't feel comfortable doing the Sturgeon and even though I won't be on the other rivers, you are welcome to sign up for any one of them and see a river you may not have seen before.

Plus, there is a free shuttle, a free lunch, a free dinner afterwards at Boyne Mountain and maybe even some prizes like T-shirts and the like.

This is a great opportunity to go paddling on a new river, do some good for the environment and have some FREE fun at the same time.

Get back to me ASAP for more details on each location.  I will got you in touch with the leaders of each cleanup if you decide to go to one of them.

Norm