[brcs-announce] 2014 BRCS

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 19 06:32:17 PST 2013

Hello river lovers,

The BRCS event is planned for May 31 and the raffle is underway as well.

This year, the BRCS raffle will NOT be held at the picnic but will be at the Adams Fly Festival in Kingsley on Saturday, June 7th - a week later.

This is being done to allow us to be less hurried and harried on the day of the BRCS event.  It allows us to enjoy the picnic without having to rush and it allows us to be able to have one extra week to do our fund raising.

The raffle this year will include what is called IN HOUSE RAFFLES during which separate numbered tickets are sold at the event and extra prizes are raffled off only to those who attend.

This draws people to the event and it keeps them there for the drawings.

The main raffle prizes are secured and the tickets are being prepared. The main prize is a 12' Old Town Vapor Rec kayak and Wooden Bending Branches paddle.  500.00 plus value.  The tickets are 2.00.

Like last year, we also have a full ski pass to Crystal Mountain, a fly fishing float trip and lots of other prizes.

Some say that buying a ticket is only a donation and they are absolutely right.   I hope you all will help support the BRCS organization with a donation for which I will send you tickets and I hope you just might have a new kayak in your garage or another nice prize to enjoy.

This is your organization.  Over the years with your help, the BRCS has made a huge difference in the quality of our rivers and their landings.  With this money, we have encouraged and supported many other groups, clubs, churches, liveries, scout troops and governmental bodies in our area to do river cleanups on other rivers in our region.  All our rivers are cleaner by far because of you and the work you have done through the BRCS.

Look for a raffle ticket order form on our BRCS website in January.  I will send out a notification when the tickets are printed.

I look forward to paddling on the newly cleared Boardman River with you next year.

Have a blessed Holiday Season,

Norm Fred
BRCS