[brcs-announce] Fw: Message from REB Ratliff

Boardman River Clean Sweep Announcements brcs-announce at brcleansweep.org
Tue Apr 26 10:49:21 PDT 2016

      -
      -    Reb Ratliff <rratliff at gtcd.org>
      -

      - Today at 12:51 PM

      -
      -   Reb Ratliff

      -

   - BCC
      -
      -   nrfred at yahoo.com

      -

Message body
 Hello friends and stewards of the Boardman River!

Thanks for expressing interest in the seedling planting workbee this coming Saturday!

Please park at the EAST Overlook Trailhead located on Ranch Rudolf Rd. roughly 1/4 mile east from Hobbs Hwy. From there, walk the foot trail eastward along there ridge top towards the East overlook platform (you'll see sign showing the way). This is where we will meet as a group by 9:00. From there, we'll walk as a group down the stairs to the bottomlands planting area.

The weather forecast is looking rather dry and sunny from now through Saturday evening, but we recommend wearing boots and pants that are conducive to walking and kneeling in saturated soils. If you have your own shovel to bring along that would be great! We will have some extras.

Light snacks and water will be available throughout the day, with plans to do some light grilling around 2-3:00ish. Please bring a personal water container to reduce the amount disposal cup waste. There will be a portable restroom placed on site.

Attached and inserted below is a trail map of Brown Bridge Quiet Area, with the East Overlook Trailhead circled in blue.
Also attached is the flier for the event. Please feel feel to bring friends or forward this email to others. We still have room to accommodate additional volunteers!
Also feel free to contact me via email or phone for any additional questions or for further clarity on where to meet.
See you soon!
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." Norm Fred
BRCS