[Sketching14] Invitation to MakerCamp Berlin Demo Day (9.30 am SF/ 12.30pm NYC / 27.08.2014)

Stefania Druga stefania at hackidemia.com
Tue Aug 26 16:02:17 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

You might remember this year I mentioned @Sketching we will be running a maker
camp in Berlin <http://makercampberlin.tumblr.com> this month where makers
from all over the world will transform a sea-freight container into a
maker-space and develop hardware projects to solve problems in their local
community.

After a lot of drilling, hammering, containering, our demo day is around
the corner (yay! ). Many of you supported us with time time (big thanks to
Pedro, Ben-Leduc, Jordan)  and materials (Sparkfun and Intel you rock!) so
we wanted to share with you our final results and in order to accommodate
location agnostics sketchers we created a hangout on-air event
<https://plus.google.com/u/2/events/cfkr32ld5uhodv3r79dc56tfs3c>and we
really hope our live stream will work tomorrow.

*If you can and want to join our demo day join us here tomorrow
<https://plus.google.com/u/2/events/cfkr32ld5uhodv3r79dc56tfs3c> from 9.30
am SF/ 12.30pm NYC/ 18.30 Berlin/ *

I am sending the schedule and all details of the demo day below and short
presentation in attachment.

Thank you again for your guidance and support and hope to see you soon!

*Demo Day for the first-ever MakerCamp in Berlin with the first-ever Maker
Space in a container to be build in Europe!The programme for the Demo Day
will be the following:Introduction FactoryIntroduction MakerCamp and
HacKIDemiaPresentation of projects:Robotics: LEDFlowerPotLogicFlight: DIY
DronesEnergy consumption monitoring IoT applicationPetricity (smart toy for
STEM education)3D scanning solution for repairsQ&A and
discussionInstallation of plastic bottle sculptureVarious art installations
of recycled materialDemo of the container Maker SpaceAdditional demos,
presentations and art to be confirmedDrinks & SnacksShort Description
MakerCamp & Demo DayMakers from around the globe came together for the
whole month of August to design and build a Makerspace in a sea-freight
container on Factory Campus in Berlin. The camp participants are sharing
one vision of creating physical projects for solving problems in their
local communities (e.g. energy consumption monitoring, 3D scanning solution
for repairs, battery charging solutions and much more). All projects will
be presented to a selected crowd of maker enthusiasts on Wednesday, 27
August from 18:00-20:00 - Factory, Rheinsbergerstr 76/77.Event on
facebook:https://www.facebook.com/events/496692380466156/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
<https://www.facebook.com/events/496692380466156/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming>MakerCamp:
http://www.makercamp.co/
<http://www.makercamp.co/>MakerCamp Blog (with daily
updates):http://makercampberlin.tumblr.com/
<http://makercampberlin.tumblr.com/>Hackidemia: http://www.hackidemia.com/
<http://www.hackidemia.com/>*

--

 Stefania Druga - Founder
 +1 415 503 89 44

*HacKIDemia inspires the kids to imagine a better tomorrow and gives them
the tools to build it! *

Visit our web: www.hacKIDemia.com <http://www.hackidemia.com/>
Like our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HacKIDemia
<http://www.facebook.com/Hackidemia>