[Sketching15] Sketching in Hardware 2015 Update #2

Mike Kuniavsky mikek at sketching-in-hardware.com
Fri Jun 19 13:57:45 PDT 2015

Hi. This email adds to the last one, so if you haven't read that one,
please do so. Some of the information will overlap, but not much.

CONTENTS
- Casita sharing
- When to depart/how many nights to stay at B2
- Please fill out the online information form ASAP
- Tell us if you're NOT going to make it
- Please bring new technology to show
- Thanks

CASITA/ROOM SHARING
We've been asked several questions about how the casitas work: they're
like dorms where 3 or 4 private bedrooms (the casitas vary) share a living
room, a bathroom and a kitchen. We're going to be assigning folks to
casitas based on our gut and pure randomness, so if you want to share a
casita with others, please email rsvp at sketching-in-hardware.com with a
list of who you want to share it with and we'll try to accommodate.
If you want to share a room, there are double rooms that have one twin bed
and a double bed. If you want to split the cost of a room with someone,
please let us know.

WHEN TO DEPART/HOW MANY NIGHTS TO STAY AT B2
Because of the travel time to the airport and the flight schedules out of
Arizona, if your return flight is on Sunday before 8PM from Tucson or 9PM
from Phoenix, you will have to leave the event before it's over. We'll try
to schedule things so you don't miss too much, but you may want to
consider scheduling your return flight for the following day. If you do
so, you'll need to pay for an extra night at Biosphere 2. Let us know if
you originally paid for 3 nights but now need to pay for an extra night.

Similarly, if you're leaving on Monday evening you may need to head out
before the hackathon is over. If you decide to stay until the end and
leave the following morning we recommend getting a hotel near the airport
for that night and heading there after the hackathon. If you'd like to
stay at Biosphere 2 Monday night, let us know and we'll make it work.

PLEASE FILL OUT THE ONLINE INFORMATION FORM ASAP
Thanks to the half of you who filled out the Google form with all the
information we need about your travel logistics so we can schedule
shuttles appropriately and get you t-shirts that fit.

Please follow this link
http://goo.gl/forms/xlZb1IqYmJ

In the form we ask:
- Would you like a ride to/from the airport? When? Which airport(s)?
  - Will you be at the informal Thursday evening pre-conference gathering
(i.e. if we get pizza, how many pizzas should we get)
  - Are you staying for the hackathon?
  - Are you traveling with a partner or children who won't attend
Sketching?
  - Do you need onsite childcare? We are organizing nannies for our
children and will organize childcare for anyone who is interested.
  - Do you have dietary preferences/restrictions?
  - What size shirt do you wear? This is important since we only order as
many shirts as we have people. If you'd like a shirt that fits you need to
tell us. Otherwise we'll guess and we'll probably be wrong.

CONFIRM PARTICIPATION ASAP
Hi. If you're getting this it's because we assume you're coming to
Sketching. Please let me know ASAP if you are NOT planning to attend, or
if someone else will come instead you. We're slightly over-capacity for
speaking slots, and it helps me plan the schedule if I know who won't be
there.

BRINGING NEW TECHNOLOGY?
Are you bringing new things to show off? Please do, and please let me
know! I'm making space in the schedule for a kind of "Science Fair" style
presentation that will give everyone an opportunity to get in-depth
experience with everyone else's cool new stuff.
If you're considering bringing something to show and aren't sure if it's
ready, just bring it and show what you have. Having nearly complete
projects is as exciting as having the finished thing. But do let me know.

--
Mike Kuniavsky
mikek at sketching-in-hardware.com