[Sketching18] Companies to visit in San Francisco

Vanessa Carpenter vanessajcarpenter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 06:28:48 PST 2018

Hi everyone,

I've been asked to speak at a Wearable Technologies conference (here
<https://www.wearable-technologies.com/events/wt-wearable-technologies-conference-2018-usa>)
on the 12. July in SF. As I'm coming from Denmark, I'm trying to just stay
in the US before Sketching to avoid flying back and forth. I'm wondering if
you might have a suggestion of a company I could visit during my time in SF
before Sketching, so maybe the 10 or 11 July or the 16 or 17 July. (After
the 17, I'll probably just take a week's vacation and visit my family in
Vancouver :) )

The idea behind this is to a)meet some of you in your workplaces and b)if
you know of some companies with whom I might collaborate, then that would
be a good lead and make my company happier about flying me out there ;) At
IdemoLab <https://idemolab.madebydelta.com/>, where I work, we are
developing early stage hardware prototypes and using user centred design to
test them in context.

Please write back if you have questions (I've tried to keep it brief so I
imagine there might be some) and / or if you have suggestions.

Thanks so much - and looking forward to see you in Detroit!

Vanessa

Vanessa Julia Carpenter

*See more of what I'm doing here: *
Developing Functional Proofs of Concept <http://www.idemolab.com>
Copenhagen Grotesque Burlesque: Participatory Performance Art
<https://www.facebook.com/CopenhagenGrotesqueBurlesque>
Collaborative Interactive Arts Studio <http://www.illutron.dk>
GeekPhysical: Intriguing Interactive Installations
<http://www.geekphysical.com>

DK: +4528644529

Find me on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Skype (v.carpenter)

http://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessajcarpenter