[brcs-announce] BRCS - Final Email - Hopefully

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 19:22:28 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

The event is all set.

We are fully manned and ready to go.

Everyone, including the downtown section crew, meets at 9:00.  Be early if possible.

The Downtown people meet at HULL Park behind the new library at the boat ramp.

Everyone else meets at Schecks Landing.  Look on the www.brcleansweep.org website for detailed directions and maps to the two locations.

For minors, be sure to get your waivers signed by parents or guardians.  No waiver, no cleanup for you.

For adult non-members, waivers will be available to sign before the event at both locations.  Please sign them and turn them in tot he leader.

I have 5 digital cameras in waterproof kits and 13 grabbers to share.  These will be signed out to those who need them.  Please be sure to take care of this equipment and return it.  At least one camera will go with each group.

Bring your own cameras if you want to and get us some good pictures for the website.  There will be a cash prize for the best picture with a personal camera or a borrowed one.

It may rain a little and be cool that morning.  Be prepared for the rain.  Long pants, a hat as well as rain gear is a good idea to stay warm and dry.

If it is lightening and thundering, we will cancel and go for Sunday same time and places.  The raffle will take place on Saturday no matter what the weather.

Let's have a safe event this year.  Be careful.

Leaders, bring a first aid kit to have with you on the river as well as your usual safety gear.  I will have bags and gloves for everyone.

Raffle tickets will be available to buy at the picnic.

See you all at the picnic.

Norm