[brcs-announce] Raffle Tickets

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 04:09:14 PDT 2012

This is the first year that the BRCS will actually get the proceeds from the yearly raffle.

The money is going to be used to buy 4 canoes and a trailer to be used for cleanups on all the rivers that the BRCS participates, both TAPC club events and non TAPC events like scout, youth and contract events.
I have discovered that there are people who are "raffle people" and there are those who are not.

I mailed raffle ticket order forms to many of you but for those who are raffle people and who didn't get an order form, I have placed the form on the BRCS website.

You will find the link on Raffle Poster page.  http://www.brcleansweep.org/Raffle_Poster_12.html

Or go directly to it :http://www.brcleansweep.org/Documents/Raffle_Ticket_payment_form_web.htm

The tickets are only 2.00 and we will probably only sell 1000 or less.  So for $20.00 you can have 1% of all the tickets.  For $20.00 you can have 1 in 100 chance for a 600.00 kayak and paddle plus all the other prizes.

I have a computer program that prints little labels to place your name, address and phone number on the tickets and I will send you a scan of your actual tickets for your records if you want me to.

Recently, the BRCS donated a river cleanup event to the TVC Children's Museum as a fund raising auction item and a family paid 150.00 to the Children's Museum to go on a river cleanup.  Now that is a new one for all of us.  It will probably be on the Crystal or Lower Platte but it will be an experience they won't forget.

You are the BRCS as much as I am.  People are getting a real education from the BRCS and we all should be very proud that we have not only been keeping the river clean for so many years but we have started to increase the awareness of river stewardship in our area.

Think about supporting this effort by buying some tickets and you might even walk away with a nice prize.

As always, I send along my sincere thanks for your help in the past.  We certainly could not have accomplished what we have without your contribution to the effort in time, money and skills.

Norm