[brcs-announce] Upcoming BRCS event

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 04:49:34 PDT 2012

Greeting from the BRCS,

A lot has been going on with the BRCS lately.

I'm happy and proud to report that the BRCS has been the recipient of a 1000.00 grant from the ACA / LL Bean and also a 1000.00 grant from the Darden Foundation which is the parent corporation for Red Lobster and Olive Garden.

This year we have begun to acquire canoes and a trailer for our river cleaning operations since we lead not only club sponsored events but also church youth groups, scouts and other groups who do not have canoes and kayaks of their own to use.

This equipment will help to foster not only river cleanups but it will bring about future river stewardship because it is my belief that once a person, young or old,  has done a river cleanup, he or she will NEVER throw trash in a river again.

This is a good start to our funding for this year but we are still selling raffle tickets which can be bought with an online order form at:

http://www.brcleansweep.org/Documents/Raffle_Ticket_payment_form_web.htm

The prizes this year are really nice and well worth the 2.00 to take a chance on one or more of them. We have over 20 prizes so far.

We are continuing to look for sources of funding by way of grants and private donations as well.

I hope all of you can come to the June 2nd event.  Look for changes in the 2012 Plan page at:   http://www.brcleansweep.org/BRCS_Plan_2012.html

Read it over carefully. The changes are in dark blue.

Individual assignments will begin soon.  Please contact me ASAP if you are planning to attend so I can start the assignment process.

I hope to see you on the river,

Norm