[brcs-announce] BRCS June 2nd

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 14:08:38 PDT 2012

Hello,

The BRCS is set to go.

As in years past, we will meet in two locations on Saturday, June 2nd.

DO NOT GO TO SCHECKS LANDINGas in past years.

The main group will meet at 9:00am at Brown Bridge Boat Ramp which is just a 1/2 mile east of Garfield Rd.  It's the second driveway on the left.  Look for a sign or arrow marking the entrance.

The DOWNTOWN group will meet at Hull Park, behind the NEW Library, at 9:30am.  The entrance to Hull Park is at the end of HANNAH St at Woodmere.

All Coast Guard people are going to be in the downtown group.  "The River" Livery people will be downtown as will those of you who have been assigned there or who have contacted Steve Somers about working with him.

The Downtown Walking Group, led by Julie Fernandez, will also meet at Hull Park at 9:30am.

Everyone else, including all KHS-ODAC / 4H people will be at BB Boat Launch at 9:00.

Everyone should:

Wear shoes, not flip-flops.

Dress for the weather - if it's cool, wear long pants.  If it's rainy, bring some rain gear.

Wear a hat.

Bring some sunscreen.

Bring your own water container (small canteen).  We are trying to reduce our plastic use this year.

We have new walkies for each team.

We have some cameras for each group but you are encouraged to bring your own cameras and take pictures for the website.  We all love to see your pictures on the net.  Pictures of people, boats, trash and water are ones that we seem to use the most.   Get close enough to see some faces.  Pictures of people's backs are not that interesting.

Please be a little early to the morning "Meet and Greet".  Don't make everyone wait for you.

Pray for good weather.

See you at the picnic.

Norm