[brcs-announce] The Boardman disaster

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 11:15:33 PDT 2012

I am really heartbroken that much of our work on the section downstream from BB Dam for the past 7-8 years has been undone in minutes.

But we can't let that deter us from our mission to keep the Boardman clean and beautiful.

I have asked Steve Largent to allow us to try a cleanup on the BB Dam to Boardman Dam (at Cass Rd.) but he said the river is CLOSED until more can be determined about what condition exists there.

I know there will be lots of crap that was flushed into the river from people's yards and houses and
the river is probably really polluted from septic and other sources.  I
guess we have to wait and see what happens before we can do much to
help.

When I get the go-ahead from Steve, I will let everyone know and MAYBE, if we can get a good day, we can run a few short sections and see if we can start the process of recovery.

Pray for the Boardman and those who live along it.

Norm