[brcs-announce] Raffle Tickets are now available

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 11:43:11 PST 2014

Hello all,

I have raffle tickets!

I know that the BRCS events don't start for some time, but early purchase of these tickets helps us to fund our early Spring projects and helps us to know about how much money we will have to do projects like putting a toilet and trash can at both the Forks and Brownbridge Landings.  We are working on these projects now.

I am not sending out raffle letters this year.  It is expensive and most of you ordered last year using the online order form or just sent me a check and I placed your names on the tickets.  I have a computer program that does that job slick as can be.  Several of those who bought tickets that way won something.

But don't think of this as a raffle.  Think of it as a donation to the BRCS which uses the money for river stewardship PLUS you might win something.  This raffle is about raising money to keep the Boardman and all our rivers clean.

Much of this money will be used for fuel reimbursement for volunteers so you might get your money back if you work on our projects PLUS a nice prize if you tend to be lucky.  $10.00 to 20.00 is what we usually give as reimbursements.  Think back to last year and remember how much you received in fuel reimbursements.  But even if you didn't receive anything, we still need your help.

Take a look at our prizes - I think you will be pleased.

http://www.brcleansweep.org/Raffle_Poster_14.html

Thanks for your continued financial support in the form of this raffle.

GOOD LUCK!

Norm Fred
BRCS