[brcs-announce] BRCS assignments

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 16:45:52 PDT 2014

Hi Folks,

The Boardman has been cleared and is ready for the big day on the 31st - a week from today.

Only one section, Shumsky to Beitner, is not passable.

That means that we will do the two downtown sections (pond and river to the Bay) and the four upstream sections (Forks to Schecks, Schecks to BB Landing, BB Landing to River Pitch, River Pitch to Shumsky).

The Schecks to BB Landing is still difficult and only experienced TAPC paddlers will be there.

You are all wondering where to meet in the morning of the 31st and what section you will paddle.

I'll explain it in reverse order. so read this carefully:

1.  John Mesch and all the Audubon Club people will meet up at HULL PARK at 9:00am.

2.  All the USCG people will also meet at HULL PARK at 9:00am.

3.  All those walking the downtown banks sections will also meet at HULL PARK at 9:00am.

SIGN THE WAIVERS, TAKE A FEW GROUP PICTURES, GET YOUR EQUIPMENT and head out.

4.  All the rest go to Brown Bridge Landing for a meet up and assignment to your sections.

ONLY the LEADERS will know where they will paddle before that morning so DO NOT unload you boats and gear until you know where you are going.

Later in the week I will contact the leaders with their assignments.

I am going to send this same email to the ones signed up on the TAPC website so I'm sorry for the multiple emails.

If you have a section you really want to do, email me and I will try to make that happen.

Norm Fred
BRCS