[brcs-announce] National Cherry Festival - Communtiy Share Program

Boardman River Clean Sweep Announcements brcs-announce at brcleansweep.org
Thu Jul 31 12:32:15 PDT 2014

I have some good news.

As you might recall, earlier this year the BRCS was removed from the NCF Community Share Program (CSP).

I don't mind telling you I was upset.  The NCF events have been some of the best attended, most fun and most productive projects that we do during the summer season.  Of course, this didn't stop us from doing the event this year even though we had been excluded.

In the 8 years we have done this project, we have taken tons of garbage out of the downtown section of the river.  I can't imagine what the river would look like if we had not done these projects.

When I complained about being excluded,  I was told by the director of the NCF that the BRCS was far too important to be part of the CSP and that the NCF was going to make a larger contribution this year than the CSP could provide.

I had my doubts, but yesterday the BRCS received a check from the NCF for $1000.00.  WOW!

I was totally wrong about the NCF and its leadership.

We plan to use this money to help keep the downtown river section cleaner during the summer and especially during the 3 weeks during the NCF period by placing trash totes in strategic locations along the river.

We wish to thank the NCF for their VERY gracious grant and we will try to use it wisely for the benefit of the entire community.

Norm Fred
BRCS