[brcs-announce] GT County Dump Site Work Project - Oct 25th

Boardman River Clean Sweep Announcements brcs-announce at brcleansweep.org
Tue Oct 14 13:44:37 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

Now  that the paddling season is winding down, the BRCS has changed gears and is focusing on getting Grand Traverse County to NOT being the worse county in the state for forest dump sites.  Along with many others from all kinds of backgrounds, the DNR, GT County, GTCD, BRCS, hiking club, TAPC and many others are making great strides in achieving this goal.

On Saturday, Oct 25, 2014, we will work on a site very close to home.

It's at the Meadows Pavilion on Cass Rd just south of the school bus garage where we used to hold our BRCS event picnic.  This is related to the BRCS because it is on the upper banks of the Sabin Pond which will be just another part of the Boardman River very soon after the Sabin Dam is removed in a few years.

Look here for an announcement of the project describing the work involved and to see a few pictures of the site.

http://tapc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=813410&item_id=378623

If you can make it, try to attend.

PLEASE RSVP or sign up on the TAPC website, since there will be a picnic afterwards and we would not want to be short of food for you if you come unannounced.

Norm Fred
BRCS
231-392-2023