[Sketching17] Sketching in Hardware, Detroit, July 28-August 2 UPDATE #4

Mike Kuniavsky mikek at sketching-in-hardware.com
Fri May 26 12:38:06 PDT 2017

CONTENTS
-    What charrette days are you staying?
-    Science Fair at TechTown on Friday
-    Please pay!

WHAT CHARRETTE DAYS ARE YOU STAYING?
Hi. I have asked Bryan Boyer, an architect and principal of the Dash
Marshall urban strategy and innovation consultancy
(http://www.dashmarshall.com), and a Detroit resident, to help me
structure the charrette. To help us gauge how to structure it, we’d like
to see how many people are going to be able to attend on what days. If
you’re planning to stay for it, which many of you are (Thank you!), please
fill out the following 1-question survey. It should take you about a
minute. Really.

https://goo.gl/forms/uLGKbTwAwXU4we8z2

[Also check out the great books and pamphlets Bryan produced as part of
his past gig running the Helsinki Design Lab:
http://www.helsinkidesignlab.org/pages/publications ]

SCIENCE FAIR AT TECHTOWN ON FRIDAY
We’re having dinner at TechTown on Friday, and we’ve asked TechTown to
invite founders of Detroit startups in their orbit to the event. As part
of this, we think this may be a great opportunity to show off novel
technology we’re bringing. Usually we make time during the main event for
a “Science Fair” style in-depth show and tell of new technology, but this
year we’re hoping we can do it during dinner. If you’re planning to bring
new technology, we’d love it if you could spend some of dinner showing it
off. If you need anything special for it (AV, Internet, etc.), please let
us know.

PLEASE PAY!
I know this only applies to some of you, but if you haven’t yet paid,
please do so.

Here’s the payment link:

https://goo.gl/jrtvDr

If you have requested a discounted admission or would like to, please
contact us at rsvp at sketching-in-hardware.com and we’ll work something out.
We want to make sure everyone who wants to attend, can.

Thank you!

And again thank you to our primary sponsors this year, the Knight
Foundation. Also thanks to TechTown, the Henry Ford, and Sparkfun
Electronics!

--
Mike Kuniavsky
mikek at sketching-in-hardware.com