[brcs-announce] BRCS Plan

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 04:20:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

The BRCS is all set to go.

This year's plan is much like the past but different, too.

http://www.brcleansweep.org/BRCS_Plan_2013.html

***If you are a whitewater paddler with true whitewater skills, you are needed to help clean the rapids at Beitner, so sign up here and email me to let me know you are an experienced paddler.

http://tapc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=813410&item_id=248767

Everyone who has not signed up please do, so I can know where to assign you.  Just showing up is ok but it is helpful to know who and how many are coming for reasons like how much food and how many T-shirts we need.

A few days before the BRCS, I will assign some of you to the downtown section to  help Steve Somers with that part of the project.  Downtown may not be very glamorous but it has more trash than the rest of the river COMBINED.  The USCG team is working this year with Steve.  They will be on the lake section with LCMD Kyle Young as their leader.  He's a veteran of many cleanups. Steve will lead the downstream river section.

The walking group that Julie Fernandez leads is not coming this year (Julie is on a cruise) but there will be some people to help with that work.

Enough have signed up to do the project but we can always use more. We are ready with the raffle and picnic.  Everything is in place.  All we need is a nice day and there's nothing I can do about that, so it's in God's hands now.

See you on the 8th.  It should be a fun day for everyone.

Norm