[brcs-announce] BRCS Assignments

Norman R. Fred nrfred at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 17:18:47 PDT 2013

Hi Guys,

People are signing up fairly regularly for the cleanup on Saturday.

I have started to set assignments and they can be found on the BRCS website at this address.

http://www.brcleansweep.org/Assign/Workers.html

I am not the best at this, so if you see an error that makes a difference, let me know.

Basically, we will meet either at 9:00am if in the upstream sections or 9:30 for those in the downtown sections.

The downtown USCG and walkers will meet at Hull Park behind the new library.  9:30am.

Steve Somers and his river paddle group will meet at Hannah Park at 6th and Union St. at 9:30.

All the upstream people will meet at Schecks Landing. 9:00am.

To get to SCHECKS:

Go to the old BB Dam site.  Stay on the road, east, and stay to the LEFT at ALL the forks in the road.  When the road crosses the river, that's Schecks Landing.  Or from Ranch Rudlf, go west about a mile and look for the RIVER LANDING on the left before the river bridge.

Be a little early but don't unload your boats unless you know you will be leaving from the meeting places.

As you paddle your section stay together for safety and to help each other get trash.

The people in canoes are the most important because they can carry trash that the kayakers can't.  Canoeists, stay with your group and be available to take trash from kayakers.

Bring your cameras and take pictures of people, trash, water and boats in any and all of those combinations.  We love your pictures for the website and sometimes they get national recognition.

Bring your grabbers if you have them.

Some raffle tickets will be available at the picnic.

I will keep updating the website pages if and when needed.

See you on the river or at the picnic.

Norm