[brcs-announce] Fw: Directions to Brown Bridge Quiet Area Workbee 10.24.2015

Boardman River Clean Sweep Announcements brcs-announce at brcleansweep.org
Fri Oct 9 08:54:59 PDT 2015

This is to remind you that we will be doing a native tree planting to restore the Brownbridge section of the Boardman to it's original condition on Saturday OCTOBER 24, 2015.
The BRCS has received a grant from the American Canoe Association and we have acquired 18 larger trees to improve habitat for birds, deer, other wildlife and to provide new seed banks for the area.

The Grand Traverse Conservation District is planting hundreds of trees that same day which we will assist them with but first we will plant our trees.
The first 18 people to sign up as volunteers for this day's project will be allowed to plant one of our larger trees in honor anyone they choose -  FOR FREE.

We will document the location with a GPS,  photograph the tree with the participant and make up a document that can be presented to family or friends to memorialize the planting.  (Sorry - name tags or plaques are not permitted in public lands.)
Sign up here:
http://tapc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=813410&item_id=454338

Come out and help us put the BB Landing area back to its original condition of 100 years ago and do it in memory of a loved one.
Thank you.
 Norm Fred
BRCS

Hi Norm,
We'll be meeting at the EAST Overlook parking lot at 9:00.
The EAST Overlook parking lot is located on Ranch Rudolf Rd. approximately a 1/4 mile from Hobbs Hwy. You'll pass the WEST Overlook parking lot on Ranch Rudolf Rd. before you get to the East Overlook parking lot found just a little further down the road. There are signs at the parking lot entrances indicating the name of each parking lot.
I've attached the workbee flier in case you want to forward it on to some folks that haven't seen it yet.
Coordinates to EAST Overlook parking lot:44.652979, -85.496234

--
Reb RatliffParkland StewardGrand Traverse Conservation District
1450 Cass Rd. Traverse City, MI 49685